Grace Bible Church was founded by Christians, largely from a Mennonite background, who desired a church that would focus strongly on teaching of Scripture, the essential importance of faith in Christ for forgiveness and new life, and the need for gospel outreach to the surrounding community. We still hold to these original values.
The beginnings of Grace Bible Church can be traced back to the late 1930's when a group of laymen began to hold weekly Bible Study classes in various homes in the area. In 1939 a monthly Bible Conference was started, and in November 1942, Bible Study classes began to meet weekly on Sunday afternoons in the Harleysville Chapel.
In June 1944 these two groups, joined together to form an independent, organized church. It was first known as "Community Gospel Fellowship".
In the following months, a constitution was formulated, and the church was organized and incorporated. On May 29, 1945 the name was officially changed to Grace Bible Church. June 3, 1945 was designated as charter Sunday.
The move to the church's current location started in 1947 when the property at Main and Clarion was purchased. The original building as seen above was dedicated on June 6, 1948.